The Dover Sea wall construction was a high-profile project due to the nature of the damage and the significant effect it had on the line between Dover and Folkestone.
ASH Construction Group were tasked with the ETE & Permanent way element of the project including full installation of track, handback and continued track monitoring.
The renewal was approx. 800m long supporting two no. 3rd rail electrified lines that were replaced during a blockade in August 2016.
Scope of works for ASH consisted of the following key points
• Installation of 800m of new plain line track installed using PEM LEMS
• Tamping Welding and stressing
• Installation of 632m of new 150lb Conductor rail positioned on new Rehau Series 1 insulators
• Modification and re-gauging of 240m of existing 106lb Conductor rail
• Installation of 6 new 3.05m Ramp ends
"I’m very proud to stand here and see trains running to Folkestone again. This has been the number one job in my career, primarily because of the people - this has been the most collaborative project I've ever worked on. The main lesson I've learned is that anything can be done if people have the will and can work together towards it."
Senior Programme Manager